Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Baa Baa Black Sheep?




I was in the mood this morning to make some more of Susan's ( Threadbare Primitives) sheep ~~ I made two more - stained them and popped them in the oven - being so careful to turn them over about every 5 minutes for uniform drying and to keep them from burning. I had a few phone calls to make - ordered a hoagie ring for Christmas Eve - needed to question a hospital bill - before I knew it 20 minutes had passed..........and yep.... I forgot to watch the sheep and they turned into crispy critters - as you can see in the first photo. I was so upset - as they took me a long time to sew - since I don't have a sewing machine yet, all my sewing is done by hand stitching. I was about ready to toss them in the garbage but thought I would ask the ladies at Prim Market if anyone knew if they could be salvaged. Susan told me to restain them, rub in lots of cinnamon and redry them. Well - that didn't work - because the cinnamon hardened from being rubbed into the wetness. I must have misunderstood - so I once again restained them - THEN dried them and then rubbed lots and lots of cinnamon into them. The second picture is the 'after' photo - I believe they will be 'ok'. They smell pretty good anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment