Thursday, December 29, 2005

We Grow In Snow



This is from a snowman pattern I made myself. He's been tea/vanilla stained and rubbed with cinnamon. His nose has been stitched on and his eyes, mouth and rosy cheeks are painted. His tassel cap is made from a toddler's sock and his scarf is nice warm homespun. He wears his heart on the outside to let you know you are loved, and he literally sparkles with mica. He is growing out of a terra cotta flower pot, that has been painted white, stained with coffee/vanilla and baked to give it that prim look. When dried - I glued two rusty snowflakes to the pot & mica flakes have been added for extra sparkle. The snowman sits in a bed of fluffy polyester 'snow' and has 3 snowballs at his feet. He is finished off with a coffee and vanilla stained hangtag that reads 'We Grow In Snow'.

I am going to make a few of these for my February 4th craft show - it's still winter and I'm hoping there will be some snowmen collectors out there.

This item is currently listed in my eBay Store

2 comments:

  1. NeeNee, so glad you finally got your sewing machine. I started out with one of those old black singer sewing models. Everything was made of metal. Nowadays the machines are all plastic. They just don't make them like they used to.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete