Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Basket 'O Prim


I just love how these prim button stars and prim gingerbread men turned out. Both are from patterns by Threadbare Primitives. Two of the stars were made from calico fabric, and lightly coffee/vanilla stained and sand papered for the prim look. One star was painted with acrylic, sanded it when dried and stained with the coffee mixture then sanded once again and large wood buttons were sewn to the middle and pulled taut to give it a cushiony look. I then rubbed ground cinnamon into the fabric.
The gingerbread men were painted with acrylic, sanded when dried. I blanket stitched homespun hearts onto them then brushed the coffee mixture on, baked, rubbed with cinnamon. The eyes are supposed to be tiny black buttons but I couldn't find any so decided to stitch mine on instead. Both patterns are easy and fun! I will definitely be making more.

No comments:

Post a Comment