Sunday, January 08, 2006

Prim Chubby Bunny



Whew ~ it took me 2 days to get this prim bunny (pattern by PrimRaggs) finished. I'd never made any kind of doll before. I found the head and body easier to do than the clothing. The first photo is the bunny before the tea staining procedure . I would imagine the directions are simple for experienced doll makers, but for for a newbie sewer like me - I could have used more specific (explicit?) instructions for gathering the skirt and joining it to the bodice. Thanks to a couple experienced sewers at the Prim Market, with their tips and suggestions I was able to figure it out. I'm not thrilled with the gathers in the dress but for my first 'doll' I don't think it's too awfully bad.
Isn't that carrot cute? The pattern called for orange material scraps - but I didn't have any so cut out muslin and sewed that up, stuffed it then before I inserted the green top - I painted it orange acrylic, watered down with a mixture of coffee/vanilla and dried it in the microwave.
I think this would look really cute in a basket with several carrots and I plan to make some prim Easter Eggs as well - with a hangtag that will read 'Have A Prim Easter'. I hope to make several for the craft show and put a couple in my eBay Store.
I know my little grandaughter is going to want it when she sees it, so I am going to make her one for her birthday, which is coming up in a few short weeks. I have tons of fabric and I'll let her choose the dress and apron - only she won't know what it's for. ;)

1 comment:

  1. NeeNee, you did a wonderful job on the bunny. She looks great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete