Saturday, March 18, 2006

Prim Sheep & Star Grouping


I'm pleased with the way this grouping turned out. I hope you like it too! The sheep have been coffee/vanilla stained and rubbed with ground cinnamon. I then painted on the face, tail and hooves, and handstitched co-ordinating hearts to match the stars. Each sheep has a rusty collar and a rusty bell around it's neck. The stars are not stained only because I like the colors nice and vibrant & I've sewn large black buttons in the center of each.
The patterns for sheep & stars are by Threadbare Primitives.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Neenee.....
    Like how those cows turned out. Nice job. I like how your stained effect looks. You say you rubbed them with ground cinnamon. Is that for color or for fragerance? May be a dence question lol, but I love the smell of cinnamon....
    Anyway nice work on the little heffers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neener! I love your sheep! (duh Trucker!) I've been peeking around since my husband sent me your link. I am amazed at how awesome your work is! Go you!! I'm going to keep checking so I can buy something....maybe some sheep?
    Hugs!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Trucker - the cinnamon is both for smell and when rubbed into wet coffee/vanilla and baked - gives it that rustic (prim) look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you Lisa - and thankyou! Whenever you are ready for something - just email :) If I don't have something 'in stock' I will make it. Hugs, Nee

    ReplyDelete