Monday, April 03, 2006

MIA - Road Trip



My husband and I just returned from a week's road trip to St. Charles, IL. For the past 14 years we have made this bi-annual trek for the main purpose of attending the Chicagoland Antique Advertising, Slot Machine & Juke Box Show. We had a wonderful time from beginning to end. We used to drive straight through - it is approximately a 9 hour's drive from our home to St. Charles. After the first time, we decided to break up the trip, by doing some antiquing along the way and spending the night either in Cold Water, MI or South Bend, IN. I picked up quite a few items to use in my crafting - old cheeseboxes, old flour sifters, wash board, wooden spools, old wood tool box. On Saturday, the Kane County Fairgrounds held a HUGE antique/fleamarket and I picked up a few more items there - and the only thing I bought for 'myself' was this rustic wooden bench for my front porch. I like it as it is, but thought it could use some 'decoration', my friend Linda suggested adding a old wooden birdhouse. I like that idea. Was also thinking of placing a few pots of flowers on the bench next month.
I am definitely a co-partner now with Linda of Old Time Treasures. :) I currently have my scented muslin cinnamon buns listed there and will start adding a few more things in the next few weeks. I'm also busy getting ready to open my own EZShoppe - just waiting for the 'official' go ahead - as the original shoppe was transferred to me by the owner who is no longer using it. Once I get the go ahead - then I need to apply for a registered store name. I'm getting antsy, lol as I want to open very soon!
I have a few projects I need to work on before I can really get into adding to the store/s.
I need to make an Easter Raggedy for a possible sale - if that falls through I will just add her to the store. I also need to make a Raggedy for another of my grandaughter's friend's b'day. And I promised Linda I would make her some cute lil fabric strawberries. I can't wait to make my first Mammy doll - but have had to put that on the back burner for now - don't want to burn myself out before I even get started, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment