Sunday, June 04, 2006

Raggedy Make-Do Project

Went to a fleamarket last weekend and picked up 2 old mill textile spools. I've made electric lights with them before, but wanted to see what kind of make-do I could make with one of them. My first idea was to make a raggedy angel make-do. I am not yet very good at designing clothing for my dolls. A few months ago - I picked up a couple curtain valances 'knowing' that one of these days I could put them to good use, besides using them as 'curtains'. The make-do I'm working on right now is almost finished. The doll's head, face, hair and body are done....she just needs 'dressing'. The valance I'm using looks nothing like what you'd expect an angel to be wearing - so at this point- she may or may not be an angel......but she is certainly a make-do. lol I'm making do, that's what I'm doing. When I've finished with my 'dress' idea - then I'll decide where to go from there. I wonder how many other crafters start off with one main idea, to have it suddenly go in another direction. Anyway - I like how this make-do is coming along so far. Stay tuned - I'll be posting her any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment