Sunday, October 15, 2006

Wood Lighted Christmas Tree

I sold a few of these trees last year at one of the craft shows I did in November. They were a good seller for me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Last year I was only able to find 5 of these trees already cut out and put together, with the holes for the lights to pop through already drilled. I was hoping to get an early start this year and stock up on them. We did find approximately 50 of them but they were all damaged in some way, most of them really bad.
This one was the best of the lot, with a chunk of wood missing at the bottom, but after I painted it and added the grapevine twigs you can't even tell.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I painted the tree in greens & 'splashed' white paint on for a snow effect. The base is antique yellow. I brushed mod podge on the tree ends and on the base and added German glass glitter.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I wove pip berries through the grapevine.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The tree lit up.

Unfortunately my husband has no interest in wood cutting. He will be retiring soon and I thought that would be a nice little 'hobbie' for him but he says "nope, no way, forget it".


technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. That's bad on ur hubby's part... The royally standing structure with those tini-mini gifts, Santa’s, and stars that hang all around, the Christmas tree is the main attraction of the occasion. Loaded with a bunch of greenery and freshness it assures to fill your life with all the happiness and joys for years to come. Peep into this amazing Christmas Blog to check out some really cool stuffs and unique ideas

    ReplyDelete