Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Prim Crows Nest Shutter


I just finished this shutter last night. It's about 20 inches long, 6 1/2 inches wide. The shutter has been stained and then sanded to give it an old worn look. I sewed and stuffed the crows ( a Threadbare Primtives pattern ), painted them black and then sanded them. I then stained them with coffee/vanilla and rubbed ground cinnamon into them for a grubbied look. They both have homespun ribbon around their necks.

I wrapped some grapvine twigs around the shutter and stapled them. I glued excelsior moss for the nests and added pinecones. Multi colored pipberries have been entwined around the grapevine. Finally, I added a black tin star and stained hanging tag that reads 'Crows'.



This shutter is available for sale at my KKL Primitives shoppe.

technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment