Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Margaret Ann Rag Doll




I just love how this little dollie turned out. She is created from a pattern by Bowls & Annies.

I made this for a friend of my daughter's mother-in-law, Bev. Thank you for referring me to your friend Bev, and for being one of my favorite customers!

Margaret Ann is approximately 12 inches tall. She has been tea stained. Since this doll is for a small toddler I did not add button eyes, instead I painted them on. Although her eyebrows, nose and mouth are hand stitched.

She is wearing a pair of bloomers beneath her dress and I've painted on her striped stockings and shoes.

Her dress bodice is blue and white checked homespun and her skirt is a darling fabric with patchwork kitties.

The pattern called for less hair than what I added but I love the mass of 'curls'.

I am planning to make each of my grandaughters one of these dolls too, just too cute!

1 comment: