Monday, August 18, 2008

Harvest Pumpkin Pinkeeps

I've been in a pinkeep making mood lately. First it was pears, now it's pumpkins. I have the first one listed for sale on my Prim Patterns 'n Handmades Blog. It can be purchased right from there with PayPal.
This second pumpkin pinkeep will be listed in my
Ezhoppe today.
I'm working on a third to list either on eBay or Etsy, haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll just make a fourth and that will take c
are of itself, lol.
The pattern for the pumpkin itself is a free one that you can download
here . It comes in two sizes. I drew out two leaves on cardstock, different sizes and then used that as a pattern for cutting the leaves out from felt. I inserted rusty wire into the pumpkin - inside one end and out the other - then wrapped the wires around a pencil to get the curly tendrils. There are four tendrils that sit alone, and then a fifth where the leaves are attached ( I used fabric glue to attach the leaves) so it looks like a 'vine'.
I made the hang tags in my Paint Shop Pro Program and printed them off on white cardstock. They read 'Harvest Thyme'. I couldn't find my hole punch so just used a large embroidery needle to put a hole through the top of the tag for attaching. The first photo has raffia threaded through the tag and tied onto the stem. The second pumpkin was thread onto the opposite end of the 'vine' and then curled.
Click on the photos to view larger images.


2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for a blog award, Neenee! Be sure to stop by and pick it up if you would like to have it!

    Hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Another award for you! Go to my blog and pick it up! Hope it's not the same one Andrea gave you!

    ReplyDelete