Friday, October 24, 2008

Christmas Ornies


I've been busy the past few days trying to make myself up some Christmas ornies for our tree this year. I've been wanting to have a 'prim' tree for some time now and will be receiving about 24 ornies soon from an ornie swap I am involved in, but somehow, I don't think 24 are going to be enough, lol.
Last week I was making up a dozen prim glass glitter star ornies for a shop I do consignments out of in Massachusettes ( Haymakers Country Store) so while I was at it, made myself some too. I also made 6 jingle hair snowmen ornies and a dozen mica flake icicles.
I'm going to try to make some prim ones as well.
I have several ornie patterns so I will be sorting through them this weekend to see what else I want to make. Gingers are a must and I was thinking some mini rag balls would be cute too. I have a pattern for a ragquilt tree skirt, hope I'll have time to do that too, the holidays may seem far away yet, but they seem to creep up on us faster each year!!

8 comments:

  1. Neenee, I love love love your snowmen! They are SO cute.
    I just made some salt dough icicles yesterday:)
    Whats the trick to getting the points on the stars? Im new to sewing and CANT get them right for the life of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! *Ü*

    Thank you!!

    To stuff the points of the stars I use a hemostat ( I got mine at a flea market for $2). I put just a little bit of filling on the hemostat and push it into the point. Be careful not to push too hard or you'll go right through the fabric. Add a little bit at a time to each point then you can start stuffing as you normally do.

    Neenee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - forgot to mention that the snowmen ornies are a pattern from

    http://www.paletteprimitives.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=OrniesPins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise,

    Love your ornies I have made a few prim ornies for my tree and some for an onie swap also.I have three little prim ornie trees that stay up in my living room all year long.I love your ornies.

    ReplyDelete