Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We're Home

We got home from our trip Sunday evening. We had such a great time but all good things must come to an end. At least that's what Tom says.
We saw one bad accident in Indiana. A car hit the guard rail on the left side of the road head on and must have been traveling at a very high speed as the force of hitting the guard rail spun the car up into the air and it landed on it's roof. It couldn't have happened more than a few minutes before we came upon it. A state trooper car had passed us just a minute before with it's lights going and he was the first one at the scene. He was kicking debris off the road. The underside of the car was on fire and we are assuming the driver was still inside. Very scary. I hope the person or people inside weren't hurt too badly, but the chance of that didn't look good from our view.

We stopped off in South Bend for breakfast and made it home in 9 hours. We unloaded the truck and then went over to our eldest daughter Deana's home for dinner. It was our youngest daughter Nicki's 27th birthday and her sister offered to make her stuffed shells and cake. I normally do the birthday dinners but since we were on the road Deana took my place. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal after eating dinner out all week. I can't believe I said that, because when I'm home, I love to eat out, lol.

I was too busy yesterday to work on any crafts as I had to unpack, do the grocery shopping, and catch up on laundry. Although late last night I did pull out a cute pattern by Buttoneyed-Annie I've been wanting to make. It's called Christmas Wishes and is a mitten stuffed with candies, greenery and berries. I finished the mitten last night and planned on working on the candies this morning. I woke up with a horrific headache at 6 am thinking it might be a migraine but with migraines I am literally sick all day and can't stand light. It's just a bad headache, so I plan to try to ignore it and get through the day.

I'll post a photo of my mitten when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment