Thursday, December 18, 2008

They Say We All Have A Double

I've never met mine nor have I known anyone that has ever seen my double.
I think I've found my father's double. My dad passed away in 1975 at the age of 42. He looked older because he was prematurely gray having gotten his first gray hairs at the age of 18. This is the last photo taken of my dad with my eldest daughter Deana on February 14, 1975 Valentine's Day. Dad passed away on February 28th.


About two years ago while I was doing a click and surf to earn credits to promote my sites, I came upon an advertisement with a man who I thought resembled my dad enormously.

The hair style is different and he has a fuller mustache and the nose is slightly off but he has the same high forehead, the same shaped face and that smile is my dad's. I think it's uncanny.

My eldest daughter Deana 35, has been told dozens of times that she looks like Rachael Ray.
Her co-workers have started calling her Rachael. While I don't think they are 'identical' I do see a resemblance. As I was viewing the photos of Rachael my 2 year old granddaughter kept pointing and saying 'mommie'.
What do you think?


Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray

2 comments:

  1. Neenee, how cool! First, your dad was a very handsome man!!! And yes, I think there is a resembelance for sure....and for your daughter looking like Rachel Rae...it's there for sure.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. My daughter doesn't see the resemblance herself - but it's really amazing how many people - mostly strangers that tell her she's the spitting image of Rachael.

    ReplyDelete