Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back To Hospital

This morning I had my first shock from my defibrillator. I am going back into the hospital today, as soon as I get the call a bed is ready. They aren't sure at this point what is wrong - could be the leads to my pacemaker/defib or the unit itself. Regardless, they have to cut me open again to get in there and fix the problem.
I was told that I'd know when I'd been jolted because it would feel like a mule kicked me in the chest.
I felt very light headed almost ready to pass out and then saw a 'white light' and THUMP right in the chest. I can't say it was really painful...but it was very uncomfortable and extremely scary.
I sure hope they get it right this time around.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Neenee;

    I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be thinking of you and hoping that they get it fixed this time - for your sake. Take care and here's hoping for a speedy recovery from the surgery.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horribly frightening for you. I am an RN, home permanently for health reasons. I'm going to sound like a know it all, but I'll risk it. If it were me I would do whatever my MD suggested, but I would also look into IV Chelation therapy. It doesn't work for everyone (and no I am not in the way of making a profit from this advice) but those it does help are helped very much. Many MDs poo-poo it, but I've seen it work. Here's a link with tons of info - http://www.drcranton.com/chelation.htm
    Best of wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please let us know you are OK....please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise,
    I follow your blog and Prim work alot but remain in the background as a lurker. I have been so wrapped up in doing my first Ladies Day Valentine Luncheon that I havent checked in. How terrible to see what you have been through. I am so happy that you are doing better now. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers Please keep us updated as to how you are doing God bless you dear DEBinOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone. I'm doing very well now.

    ReplyDelete