Sunday, January 11, 2009

Whole Cloth Quilt - Pieced Pastimes


I just came across this wonderful quilt blog this morning,
Pieced Pastimes. owned by Suzanne of New Hampshire.
This stunning whole cloth quilt has been designed by Suzanne using a technique called micro quilting.
I had never heard of whole cloth quilts before this morning, nor the technique, but wanted to share this blog with you in case you've never seen it before either.
Suzanne started this quilt in April 2004 and finished it in February 2005. She got her inspiration for the design from an antique ceiling medallion. She calls the quilt 'Time Goes By' and it won a teachers award at MQX 2005 by Tracey Browning and Second Place in the 'Traditional Whole Cloth' category at the Machine Quilters Showcase 2005.
A very exquisite piece of artwork!!!


Photo © Suzanne Pieced Pastimes

3 comments:

  1. Denise - I am glad that you enjoyed my quilts, and you are welcome to copy and post the photo's if you like. By the way, I love your dolls - they have such wonderful personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise,I love your blogs .Please stop by my blog ,I have an award for you !
    Prim Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a find! That is truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete