Friday, May 01, 2009

Adamstown Trip

Tom and I had a very nice trip to Adamstown, PA where we did some antiquing. It was Extravaganza weekend and the stores seemed pretty busy, but we were both very disappointed that we didn't find anything we were looking for. All the 'good stuff' was either in Kutztown for the show or on eBay. We still enjoyed the day though, the weather was great and it was good to get away for a couple days. I did find a nice chenille bedspread that I plan to cut up to make some sheep and snowmen with.
It's a twin size spread that was marked $10 and I got an additional 30% off for the Extravaganza so I only paid $7. Not a bad deal!

We had planned on having dinner at the Silk City Diner in Adamstown, but it was closed for reconstruction and it's being turned into a seafood restaurant. We're very sad about that, the diner food was awesome and the family 'had' a tradition of stopping off there for breakfast every July when our beach vacation ended in Wildwood NJ. Tom drove into Lancaster and we had dinner at Dienner's , an Amish smorgasborg. We have eaten there many times and it's one of our favorite places. We were looking for another oak pie safe with the copper inlays and while we found a couple, they were pricier than we expected. We're going to wait until our trip back to Lancaster in the Fall to get one. It will go on the other side of the tall hutch next to this pie safe. I don't have enough cupboard space and need another cabinet for food storage. This one holds my canned goods.
My sunflower bowl filler orders have dwindled considerably this week, so I've had some time to catch up on a few projects that have been on the back burner. I'm working on some prim sheep 'friendship' pillows right now and will show pics in the next post as I will also be taking orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment