Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Back From Vacation


Did anyone miss me? lol I was away the past two weeks on our 24th annual vacation to the Wildwood, New Jersey seashore. That's my 9 year old grandaughter in the photo above who had a blast riding the waves on her wave board. Her 6 year old brother had a board too, but he had more fun holding my hand and jumping when the waves came at us. He was so funny. When the really BIG waves came he'd scream at the top of his lungs ROCK AND ROLL and would try to nudge me out further. Gramma is a big chicken and will only go out so far. If I can't see what's beneath me, I ain't movin'! Their 2 year old sister also loves the ocean. We'd be sitting on our chairs on the sand and she'd grab my hand and beg me to take her into the water so we could 'jump' the waves.



My grandson seemed never to be around when I was taking photos and this is the only one I was able to get of him this trip. Hoping one of my daughters were able to get a few so they can share with me.
He had a misshap at our motel our 2nd week. He flipped off his scooter and hit the pavement with his mouth, knocking one baby tooth out in the front and the one next to it is hanging by a thread or two. One of his lower permanent teeth is loose from the fall. There was so much blood and my daughter and her husband took him to the ER. He had a cut in his mouth and was given an antibiotic and today he went to see his dentist regarding the permanent tooth. The dentist said it should be fine but depending on how hard he hit the pavement, the tooth may discolor. That other loose tooth will fall out any time now. He had one baby tooth fall out the first week on it's own. He's raking in beaucoop bucks from the Tooth Fairy.

I'm sorry to see our vacation come to an end, but now I'm ready to get back to Crafting! I actually had a few sales waiting for me when I checked my email Sunday night, and got two large orders yesterday and today so that will keep me busy for the remainder of this week.

I hope to have another Give Away soon, so be sure to check back!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mishap...seems like that is just the way it is when you have kids with you. LOL Hope he is feeling better and looking forward to see what you are up to. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dianntha, my grandson is doing well although he has been 'milking' his injury the past few days, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice vacation NeeNee!!! Oh what I would do to be sitting on the beach right now!!!

    ReplyDelete