Sunday, August 16, 2009

Pumpkins & Crow Stitchery Pillow

Click on photo to view larger image

Just finished this pillow up this evening. Can't see the border/backing too well, but it's a really nice colorful Fall homespun in black, tan and orange checks. The doodle is one of my own. I colored it with crayons and then placed a white sheet of paper over it and ironed it to transfer the wax, leaving only the 'color'. I then backstitched the entire thing in black.
The 3 grandkids will be spending the night as Dad has to be at work at 5 am and Mom is working the night shift tonight. I sure hope I have some popcorn. We'll find a good movie to watch and hopefully the kids will fall asleep by 10 so I can list a few items on eBay for hubby and then work on some mini sunflower orders.
When everyone is in a deep sleep, I'm going to catch True Blood on HBO at 11:30 - one of my favorite shows but it's strictly for adults.

Don't forget - the winner of the Pear Pinkeep will be announced tomorrow!!! Good luck to all who entered!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Neenee, I love the pillow! Don't laugh but I had never heard of the "crayon technique"! It looks awesome! Great Job!

    Jodi
    Crafts By Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jodi. The technique was new to me too, lol - love doing it - easier than painting.

    ReplyDelete