Monday, August 03, 2009

Spastic 'Something'

Whatever it is, it's driving me crazy! If I could put a name to what's been bothering me the past 2 weeks, I'd call it 'spastic colon', but I looked that up and I do not have those symptoms. I am not in pain, I don't have 'D' or weight loss. What I am experiencing is spasms in my lower abdomen on the right side when I sit or lie down. It's driving me crazy. It's almost like having hic-cups in that region and even feels like a baby's repeated kicks. Well, I KNOW I'm not pregnant !! I haven't noticed or felt the spasms when I'm standing, and I certainly can't sleep standing up! I've done some internet searching for abdominal spasms/twitching and while I've come across several women complaining of the same thing, there are no answers. I guess I'll have to suck it up and go to my doctor. I'm in no pain at all, it's just very annoying.
Any one out there experience this?

3 comments:

  1. Hello sorry to hear about the spasms. Can't say that I have expeirienced it, sounds like maybe your muscles are just twitching, it can happen from time to time. But it sounds like it's a good idea to find out what a doctor thinks. Did you do a lot of bending and squatting? Sometimes this can use stomach muscles, and cause twitching.

    Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

    Cheers,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi. Thanks for responding. Yes, I do a lot of bending but this is the first time I've ever experienced the 'twitching'. I'll wait a bit longer and if it continues to annoy me I plan to talk to my doctor. Funny how it only does it when I'm sitting - and last night was the first time it happened while I was lying down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better go to the doctors and have it checked out.

    ReplyDelete