Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crows Hanger

 
I've had this sunflower patterned heart made for well over a year now and never did anything with it.  It's actually adapted from a pattern by Threadbare Primitives called ' Crows In Love'.  I had forgotten all about it until I was clearing away some 'clutter' in my computer/craft supply room so decided to finish it and put it up for sale.
I stained and baked the heart several times because the fabric was so dark, you just couldn't see the 'stained' areas.  I'm surprised the button in the center didn't melt.
The crows are color washed and rubbed with cinnamon.  Eyes are X's and I attached rusty wires & rusty bells to the crow's necks.  Crows are sitting on nests of Spanish moss.

I stained a strip of cheesecloth and wrapped it around the button and attached a stained tag with rusty safety pin that reads ' Crows'. 
I've attached a coiled rusty wire for hanging - would look great on a front door, hanging from a shelf peg, or hanging from a bench as shown in my photo.
I'll be listing this piece on my KKL Primitives Website later this evening.

Hubby and I are leaving tomorrow morning for a 2 day trip.  Our first stop will be Olde Factory Antiques in  Hummelstown, PA .  The first floor has a nice variety of handmade primitives and country crafts along with antiques.
There's also a 2nd and 3rd floor.  I could spend all day in there.
From Hummelstown we'll drive on to Lancaster, PA for some more shopping.  We plan to have an early dinner at Dienner's restaurant, run by the Amish and Mennonites.  The food is fabulous.  Will spend the night there and leave early in the morning to head towards home, but stopping off at the Carlisle Fairgrounds first for the Fall Carlisle Car Show.  Friends of ours set up there and hubby Tom likes to hunt for 'treasures' for his own collection or to resell.  I very rarely find anything there for myself, but I get a lot of walking in and enjoy it as long as the weather isn't too hot.  Looks like it's going to be a nice 64 degrees and sunny, perfect for me.


6 comments:

  1. Are we being more careful with the glue gun today!!! LOL!!! I love anthing with crows!
    Have a nice trip with hubby!!! Sounds great! I love those weekend get aways..... we went to the Berkshires a few weeks ago.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on this. It looks perfect for the season! Enjoy your trip. I love that part of the country..especially at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lynn & Lavender Dreamer :)

    lol yes, Lynn - I used a plastic chopstick to hold the moss in place instead of my fingers lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation!
    Great work!
    :)Shan

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your crows...have fun on your trip...take lots of photos to share.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to show us your treasures, when
    you return...And the trees, I bet they
    will be beautiful! Have a safe trip!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete