Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PUMPKIN CHIP COOKIES - OUR FAMILY FAVORITE


This is a family favorite cookie recipe
My mom used to make these for our family when I was a teenager...oh about 44 years ago ~yipes~
This recipe is for a double batch ( I come from a family of 9) I promise you that one batch is NOT enough

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

1 - 16 oz. can Crisco butter flavored shortening
2 cups sugar
1 - 29 oz. can pumpkin
4 eggs
4 cups flour 
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 bags semisweet-chocolate chip morsels 

Combine shortening and sugar together.  Add eggs & pumpkin, mix well.
Add vanilla, salt, b. soda, b. powder and cinnamon mixing well.
Add 1 cup of flour at a time, scraping sides and bottom of bowl so that all the flour is mixed into the batter.
Add semi-choc. chips

Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!!





10 comments:

  1. Oh Denise these look so yummy! I have a recipe that is pretty similar to this and they look like this but they get drizzled with this glaze over them....I could eat the whole batch easily! :) Ha ha! Will have to try out yours! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law just made a batch similar except she puts raisens and walnuts in them....I told my husband they would be good with ch. chips....funny and now I see yours....lol. they are sooooooooo good and soft.
    kathren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very yummy. I have been subscribing to your blog via email and not coming by to comment. Please forgive me. Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I'm gonna try these! Yum yum! Thank you and your momma:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi NeeNee. These look so yummy!! Can you use butter instead of Crisco ~ and if so, how much? I would love to try them. Thanks for the recipe.
    ~Rene~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been waiting patiently to make something with pumpkin. These sound delicious!
    For some reason, this year all the stores do not carry canned pumpkin. They say it is a "seasonal item" now. Canned pumpkin cannot be found anywhere!! What? Since when?
    I hope the SEASON starts soon. I'm keeping a close eye on the shelves cause I know when they do start to carry it again it will go quick. I know I'm going to stock up ;0}
    I'll give these cookies a try when I find me some punkin!!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Gosh Denise I can almost smell those cookies I will have try my hand at this receipe thanks so much for sharing and for entering my giveaway. A big thank you for posting it on your blog!

    Peace and Blessings
    Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, I'm back on.. Gonna make your special pumpkin chip recipe on Sunday.. Havent had those delicious cookies in a few years!!!
    Thank you for posting the recipe..
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummmm! I'll bet those smell as good as they taste. Thanks for sharing your family recipe :)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete