Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Greetings From St. Charles, ILL

Hi everyone, hubby and I left home on Sunday for our Chicago trip and stopped off in several towns along the way to do some antiquing.  I picked up a few things and will post pics when I get home Sunday night.
The weather has been awesome - some cloudy days but warm.  Great for traveling.  We arrived in St. Charles yesterday afternoon.  Hubby went over to the Kane County Fairgrounds at 8 am to look for some goodies for himself and I got to sleep in and take my time showering and dressing and getting on the motel's guest computer to check emails and what-not.  We are going to Geneva this morning to The Country Store of Geneva - a really cute prim store.  A little pricey but love their wares.  I want to pick up two black tin switch plates for my kitchen and 'new' sewing room.  We'll go to lunch at The Filling Station in St. Charles.  We love their hot wings and always split a High Octane burger and fries.
We are here for the Chicagoland Antique Advertising, Slot Machine and Jukebox show.  Hubby is a collector. 
Just wanted to say hello and will check in again in a day or so.
hugs,
Neenee

3 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey can't wait to see what you find along the way.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neenee, good to have you in my part of the country.
    We go to Kane County for the flea market and eating at THE FILLING STATION is a must! Great food and atmosphere.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heidi - bought a few things and will post pics when I return. :)

    Karen - have you ever eaten at Al Capone's 'Hideaway' restaurant on the Fox River? We love it there - and are going tonight. Ocassionally we make it to the April flea market at Kane County if our show coincides with the first weekend - sadly, that doesn't happen often enough to suit me.

    ReplyDelete