Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Had A Great Trip

Hubby and I stopped off at several antique shops along the way to St. Charles IL last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  I had to buy 'small' as the intention of this trip was for hubby to purchase items at the Chicagoland Gemeroom show to bring home to resell or add to our collection.  And our truck was FULL, hubby was kidding and said I might have to take a Greyhound home.
I HAVE to get this off my chest first.  I can't tell you how many antique stores we went into where an item ( usually more than 2 in a booth ) did not have a price on it.  Naturally these were the items I was interested in purchasing.  Dealers..........please, please, please price your wares.  You lost some sales this past week as I was passing through your town and won't be back for another 6 mo. or so and chances are if I remember that your booth was the one that didn't have prices on some items, I won't look again.

 I have a 'thing' for these wooden carpenter boxes.  I like to use the larger ones for storing things like  wooden spools, and other odds and ends.  The smaller ones make great boxes to add an electric candle and some greenery and pipberries to for decoration. The beehive spool I'll use as a candle holder.

I purchased this white candlewicking twin sized bedspread for $5 which I just couldn't pass up.  I plan to cut it up to use in making sheep, pumpkins and snowmen.





Here is a closeup - you can see the 'nubs'  
I REALLY wanted to purchase an old Singer Treadle sewing machine cabinet  like this one, but we knew we wouldn't have the room for it once we picked up and loaded the items hubby was buying at the Chicago show.  The going price seems to be $125 and the one I wanted was only $45.  I wanted to cry.  But I'll keep looking closer to home.  I want it to put my own sewing machine on and use the table I bought for crafting only.


I've been looking for a 'prim' look clock to add to my fireplace mantle and found this one in The Country Store of Geneva IL.  The regular price is$ 22.95 and I really didn't want to pay that much so kept browsing the store and went to the upstairs rooms and found the exact same clock marked 'sale' for 9.99 as is.  The only thing I could find wrong with it was a little white nicked chip which can be touched up with black paint and no one will be the wiser.



I purchased this cute gingerbread shutter at a place called Country Junction in Allen MI
The little sign reads 'Grandma's Cookies'.
The grandkids are always begging me to bake pumpkin chip cookies for them so I had to buy this for my kitchen.



I also bought a blue and white pipberry candle ring and white, mustard and brown garland.


I took some photos of two 'prim' shops that we visited in Allen MI 
I really had to curb my buying on this trip since we were limited for room but I still like to browse and dream.


This is the Country Junction where I purchased my gingerbread shutter.


 
 
This shop is called The Prim Connection. They are only 2 doors away from each other.


 

 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the photos!

6 comments:

  1. Wow you sure had a great time, I wish we had these sort of places in England. There are so few over here. Which my husband says is a good thing or he would be Bankrupt. Lol.
    Hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, looks like you got some great buys. All these pictures make me want to go decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chez nous en France, nous n'avons pas de boutiques de ce style - à mon grand regret- tout ce que tu as acheté est superbe, j'aime tout !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow!...I could get into some real trouble there. Way too much fun and interesting stuff. Pleeeee take me with you next time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....I would love to be visitin those stores ! They look like they have some goodies I'd like to have ! Thanks for sharin
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete