Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Believe Santa Angel


This was fun to make.  It was offered as a free pattern from Moonchilds Primitives.  The original pattern didn't call for hair but I had just purchased some wool roving and wanted to try it out.  I've never used it before and attached it with a felting needle.
I had some difficulty with the collar , the pattern shows it as being sewn flat but since the area where it is to be attached is curved, I did it this way so it's more of a stand up collar.  I'll make myself one and then play around with it til I get it right.  This one is going on consignment.
The round tag reads 'Believe'.

I really thought by now that my 'sewing/craft' room would be done, but daughter's single bed and dresser are still in the room and since hubby is off work today I'm going to have him help me take the bed apart and then I'll help him load it in our truck so he can take it over to her house later this evening.  That room needs a really good cleaning before I can start painting.  With any luck I can start painting this weekend.  I'll take before and after photos.

This is my newest grandaughter Isabella, she just turned 5 weeks old yesterday.

 
 
 
This is Bella's mommy, our middle daughter Carey.


4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie...
    This is the cutest darn pattern. Wish I had known about it. I sure would have copied this one. I love it. Outstanding job. So cute.
    Love the face. I am having problems locating those little round tags. Where are you finding them? I have checked Michaels and they didn't have them. Are they something from the Office Max type store? They look so cute pinned on.

    Stop by and take a look at what I finished last night. I really love him.

    Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Santa Angel...may have to try n find that pattern n give it a try myself. Your grand baby is just precious !
    Prim Huggs n Blessins
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is too cute! And so is your granddaughter!Just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughter is a cutie, it's hard
    to believe that she is 5 wks old already!
    I like your Santa angel and thanks for
    telling us where to get the pattern...

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete