Monday, December 28, 2009

Mirror Is Up!!


Well, Tom FINALLY got the mirror up this afternoon.   


 

Last week I went to Lowe's and used the $10 I had left on a gift card towards an oriental style area rug I had my eye on.  It's a 5 ft by 6 ft and was reduced to $19.95 so I only had to add an additional $10 + tax.  I'm very happy with it - the colors go well in the crafting room.  Originally I had hoped to buy a large oval braided rug, but the price was too steep for me and although the new rug isn't 'prim' or 'rustic' looking, I like it.


 

 I'd have to say the room is 'finished'.  I was thinking about putting up some candle sconces on each side of the mirror, but thinking now that it might look too cluttered.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. The room looks beautiful but me personally...I like sconces on each side of a mirror.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK IT NEEDS SOMETHING ON THE SIDES TOO- THE MIRROR LOOKS TO SMALL ALONE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Jani and Nancy - I'm checking out eBay to see what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mirror!
    And the area rug is very lovely. We just purchased one before Thanksgiving for our den too.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one heck of a craft room!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete