Friday, January 29, 2010

Button Doll Shelf Sitter

 
This is something 'new' for me.  My first attempt at a 'button' armed and legged doll. 
I will admit I am one of 'those people' who will see a craft and say to myself "I can make that".  I can, I do. If I can't, I buy the pattern.  I did want to purchase the pattern for this particular heart face shaped doll.  I believe she was originally intended as an ornie.  I saw the ornie made up on a crafter's Valentine tree she had posted in one of the craft forums I belong to.  I inquired if the pattern for the ornie was hers and she said she believed it was a pattern ( since retired) from Hickety Pickety.  Someone else had made the ornie for her.  I searched for the pattern and was unable to find it so I thought since I 'knew' I could draw out the pattern on my own I would go ahead and do that - a larger version for a doll shelf sitter - but I do not take credit for the pattern.  That belongs to the original creator - Hickety Pickety.  I also cannot make this doll into a pattern for others, as that would be an infringement, even though my result is somewhat different from the original.
When I sell the doll, I will give credit to HP as the designer.


 
The original ornie is of course much smaller.  The heart shaped head and face is the same.  The only difference in mine is I did not make bow shaped lips and add blush as the ornie had.  The ornie had a lace collar, I didn't have lace so improvised with a crochet doily.  I added a yo yo flower to the collar.
If I am wrong in believing the pattern is an original Hickety Pickety, please email and I will give the correct credit.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie...
    I just adore her. She is so precious right down to her little heart face and button legs and arms. She says Valentines all over her. Love it. Thank you for sharing her today.

    Country hugs and much love..>Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI:
    I used to make button dolls years ago when I did lots of craft shows and they were such a hit. I made them with more than one size body and I loved making them. I was a button collector and still have tons, tons of buttons so if you run out of buttons, you know where to go to replenish your stsh.
    Love your button dolls.. she's a keeper.
    Blessings,
    Maurine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh this brings back memories. Love how you made her body. I hope your making bunches of them they would make nice Valentine gifts. I use to make button dolls years ago along with yoyo dolls. Thanks for sharing your cutey
    Peace and Blessings
    Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

    ReplyDelete