Saturday, January 16, 2010

Faux Fabric Cinnamon Buns


It's been awhile since I have made these faux cinnamon buns.  I had a photo of them in my crafts album on Face Book and a FB friend asked me if I still made them as she was interested in purchasing some.
This is a photo of the buns I made for her.  My house smelled like I'd been baking all day!
I made 4 more cinnamon buns and listed them on my website KKL Primitives this morning if anyone is interested. 
My husband was very disappointed when he learned these weren't real.  I may have to go out and buy some Pillsbury, LOL 

9 comments:

  1. Those look almost good enough to eat! How do you make the "icing"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, they look real....I know it sure would
    be a let down, that is for sure! Great job,
    they look so real!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know how you do the icing too, I make these but my icing never looks that good.
    care to share your secrets?
    pweeeessseeee

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are amazing! Just want to jump into the computer for a bite:) I love the bunny in your earlier post as well.

    Ah heck, who am I kidding? I love most everything that you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone!
    I use the white fabric glue sticks for the icing.
    I haven't tried it yet but I'm told you can also use 1/3 white acrylic paint to 2/3 mod podge glue.
    ~Neenee~

    ReplyDelete
  6. white fabric glue sticks? do you use those in the hot glue gun or are the in a bottle or what? I am confused.

    Thanks hun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Angie - they won't fit in the mini glue guns though - you need the 'big' glue guns - the white glue sticks are about 4 inches long and thicker than the mini translucent glue sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE your cinnamon buns! They look incredibly real!!!!!

    I actually made some real ones yesterday and hubs had to ask if they were real. Yeah, you should have seen his face when I had several batches of faux ones drying in the kitchen... the whole house smelled like I had been baking! What disappointment!

    ReplyDelete