Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Primitive Fly-A-Way Hare W/Penny Rug Blanket Make-Do


I still had a few wooden candle holders left and thought I'd make this nice fly-a-way hare from a pattern by Lucy's Lazy Dayz Primitives.  I added a penny rug blanket.  It measures 10 inches high by 10 inches wide and is available for sale in my EZshoppe.

I had planned to do some housework today, but my vacuum sweeper keeps spitting out everything it takes in.  Very frustrating.  Hubby is going to put a new sweeper belt on tonight and the bag is a new one.  Who wants to bother dusting when you can't vacuum too?  Not me.  So instead I cut out another pattern ( hee hee) and will work on that tonight after we get back from dinner.  We're going out for wing & beer night when he gets off work.

I had to laugh at my 28 year old daughter last night.  She has never ever shown any interest in cooking.  She just likes to eat.  Now that she has her own place she is experimenting with different recipes.  A few nights ago she found a Panera Bread broccoli soup recipe and she claims it was just awful.
She and her boyfriend dipped their bread in it and then threw it out.  Last night she tried a Rachel Ray recipe for Beef Stroganoff and the end result she said was pretty good.  What made me laugh though is she called me before she started cooking and said the recipe called for 1/4 cup of sour cream, eyeball it.  She wanted to know if she was supposed to shape the sour cream into an eyeball shape and how the h*ll was she supposed to do that??!! LMAO  I told her that it meant 1/4 cup might be either too much or too little - eyeballing it meant you decide how much you want.  Too funny!! 
 

6 comments:

  1. That's so funny about the sour cream!
    Thanks for sharing that!

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunny.
    I have to remember that story of the eyeballing...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I just burst out laughing at the sour cream comment and my hubby came in here to see what was going on! That was just too funny!

    I love your new make do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I laugh every time I think about it. And my daughter was so serious!!! She never heard that expression 'eyeball it'. LOL
    Thanks re: my make do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will never live the sour cream incident down even if she becomes the best cook ever. How funny. My oldest is about 16 and shows no interest in cooking so this may be my story in a few years. Thanks for the chuckle. Have a great night.
    ~Melissa~

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny was the story, I was laughing a lot! Your bunny is awesome.I love it!

    ReplyDelete