Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Framed Samplers & Pillow

I've been busy stitching up some new framed samplers and a sampler pillow.  You can find them either in my webstore or on Etsy.

The pillow is a big one - it measures 16 1/2" high by 15" wide.  The border and backing is black plaid homespun.  It took a full bag of polyester filling to stuff it.
I went over to a local thriftstore on Monday afternoon looking for some frames and while I did find some, I passed them up because I can buy wood frames at the Dollar Tree for less than they were asking.  However, I did get a great deal on some Americana fabric - 6 yards for $2.49
This is my 3 year old grand daughter Ayden, helping me roll it up.
She wanted to do it by herself, so I let her and it's rolled into a ball now, LOL  I have to unball it and reroll it before I have to iron the entire thing before I can use it, LOL

7 comments:

  1. Hello Ne Ne....Gonna be a hot one today...keep cool!

    Love the samplers....Ayden looks like she was having fun! She's a cutie.

    Have a great day!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The samplers are great!( and your daughter a sweetheart!0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pillows and stitcheries! Ayden is adorable ......how lucky are you to have such a great little helper to fold your fabric for you! Its in the 90's here today .....just hope its no to hot when you decide to iron your fabric!!! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! Where do you get your frames? I've looked many places and cannot find them....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!
    Anonymous - I buy my frames at the Dollar Tree - plain wooden ones and I paint and distress them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, Your samplers are beautiful!!! And that little granddaughter is cute as a bug!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi NeeNee,
    I just love your stitcheries ~ they really inspire me to get going on mine too!! Check out my Blog at www.sewmanyraggedies.blogspot.com
    I would love for you to become a follower of mine as well.
    ~Rene~

    ReplyDelete