Saturday, May 01, 2010

Spice Cabinet Re-do

This is the spice cabinet I purchased for $14 at an antique store while on our Chicago road trip a few weeks ago.  It was hand made, the drawers made from old cheese boxes. The back was made from 4 separate pieces of wood.  I decided I wanted to paint and distress it and this is my result.
It's an 84 degree day here in Pittsburgh, ceiling fans are on trying to keep cool as I'm not a hot temperature lover.  Going to the Sesame Inn in an hour to have dinner with the family, I'm going to order some Amazing Chicken and have me a dinner cocktail - a Zombie.  Never had one before so it's about time.  The menu says only 2 allowed, very potent, so I'll be feeling either pretty good tonight or REALLY feeling the heat.  Might have to blast the AC later.  Hope you all are enjoying your own weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Love your spice box! It turned out nice. You have 84 and we have snow! 84 is a bit hot but anything would be better than more snow at this point!
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful make over....looks great.
    The Inn sounds like it's wonderful and hopefully you got the entre you wanted and for sure the ZOMBIES....
    Hugs, karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little cabinet, great make
    over! It was really hot and sticky
    here last night from storms, so we put
    the air on...Have a great weekend....
    Thanks for the compliment on my bathroom!

    Bear Hugs~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. terrific redo.I love distressed items and this is definetly a keeper!! Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your spice cabinet! It looks wonderful! Hope you enjoyed your drink!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spice cabinet looks great! I love Pittsburgh! Haven't been there in years though. Hope you survived the Zombie!
    ~Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. just checking in with you from 5min4mom and am finding this great blog you have.

    lovely projects, eg. i really dig how you redid this cabinet, inspiring.

    what i have for you? well, my site is jampacked with free craft tutorials, mostly recycle/reuse/refashion, like what you did with this cabinet.

    as well: themed craft projects that are easy and fun: just posted my own homemade relax tea recipe, to fill up a recycled LOVE JAR for mother's day...

    so, that's the sort of thing i/we do.

    see you soon,
    thanks for your inspiration.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete