Saturday, August 07, 2010

Having A Very Pleasant Weekend

  My youngest sister Diane is visiting me from Michigan.  She arrived on Tuesday of this past week and will be headed back home tomorrow.  I am 9 years older and we are very close.  She just became a grandma for the first time in March and I am just thrilled for her.  She is a crocheter and I am not, so she's been crocheting me some small 'stars' that I can use as pockets on some snowman ornies I'm planning to make soon.  As 'payment' she wants 2 of the ornies. :)
  We had a 'girls' only sleepover at my middle daughter Carey's home last night.  My youngest daughter was supposed to come but couldn't make it and my eldest daughter had gone away for the weekend, so it was just Diane, my Carey, her baby girl Bella, and my oldest granddaughter Jordyn (10).  We had pizza, wine (not Jordyn of course, lol) and rented 2 movies,The Bounty Hunter with  Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler and the movie Percy Jackson & The Olympians-The Lightening Thief.  Liked TBH but we REALLY enjoyed PJ&TO. 
  Carey made us a nice breakfast of turkey bacon and french toast.  Right now it's just Bella and me.  She is napping and I decided to get online while the other ladies went to get haircuts.
   It's killing me not to have my crafts here to work on, lol.
Tonight we'll probably go out to eat, at least I'm putting that bug in hubby's ear, he he.
   Hope you are all having a great weekend too!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend...have fun!
    ~~Patti~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend. Where in Michigan does your sister live? I live in Chesterfield, MI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend...I've never done a girls weekend sleep over but it sounds wonderful.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool, a pajama party! I like Gerard Butler movies:) So glad to hear you're having a good time with family. Hoo-rah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ornies of all kinds. My only sister is 9 1/2yrs younger than I am. Just wanted to stop by and see what you were up to.
    Smiles,
    Kim :)
    http://agypsyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete