Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Surprise From Daughter & Son-in-law

    Remember a while back I was whining that my computer (Windows ME) was on its last leg?  lol 
A couple weeks ago my daughter and son-in-law gifted me with a brand new HP Notebook (Windows Vista)  It was totally unexpected but what a wonderful surprise!! I love it!  Once again I am getting Windows updates, updates on my Norton anti-virus so I don't get any 'surprises'.  The only thing I'm sad about is that I cannot install my Animation 3 graphics program on here as Vista doesn't support it.  :(  This really bums me out.  So far, I've still been able to access it on my old computer.  I haven't tried to install my Paint Shop Pro 9 program yet, hoping at least I will be able to have that on this computer.  Going to give it a try today.
   This notebook has a built in camera and I'm set up with SKYPE so that we can now see and talk to our son-in-law who is still over in the Middle East and he is able to see and talk to his baby girl Bella who will be 10 months old in  9 more days.  He's only been able to spend 2 weeks with her since she was born and that was back in May.  I think this technology is awesome!  It took 2 months for him to receive his Father's Day cards but we can see and talk to him in minutes. 
   I will also be able to take this one with me on our trips now!!  :) ~happy dance~

3 comments:

  1. Hurray Hurray for you. Thats so very sweet of them. Have a great week.
    Smiles,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how nice. That'll be great to be able to see your family more with your new notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Denise... You sure deserve it..
    Take care...Bev

    ReplyDelete