Monday, November 08, 2010

Road Trip - 2nd Day

Good morning from Maumee, Ohio near Toledo.  Hubby and I left Pittsburgh yesterday morning and drove to Ravenna Ohio to the Triple AAA Antiques mall.  Neither of us found anything to buy but they have lots of interesting things.  I was mainly looking for crocks and jugs and while they did have quite a few, they were not within my price range.  We then headed for Maumee to the Maumee Antique Mall where I did purchase a dark brown crock for $18.50 with 15% off.  I also bought a blue enamel pot with handles.  I plan on using that for a craft project.
I stopped in at a JoAnn Fabrics here to buy some homespun.  I was thrilled to find they had a very nice selection.  Our JoAnn's back home is very limited with their homespun choices.  I could have gone crazy, but didn't because we have lots more antique places to stop at this week and I could very easily have depleted my spending money.  So I sucked it up and only bought enough for a couple projects.  
We spent the night here in Maumee and are headed next to Allen, MI to do some more antiquing.  When I get home, I'll take some photos of my goodies to share.
Our final destination is St. Charles, IL where we will arrive Tomorrow evening. 

★Denise★

1 comment: