Thursday, November 11, 2010

Road Trip Day 5

We arrived in St. Charles Tuesday afternoon around 3 pm. Can't believe how warm it is for November and hubby wishes he had brought a couple pair of shorts.  I brought 2 pair of capris and a couple sleeveless tops, so I'm good to go.

Yesterday we decided to drive to Sandwich IL to visit some antique malls and prim shops.  Sandwich is about 37 miles from St. Charles.  Gotta love those GPS's because we would have gotten lost without ours.  Our first stop was The Village Peddlar in Plano on Rt. 34 and it really looked like a great prim shop but to our dismay we were told it is always closed this week in November.  I assume that they must get the shop ready for Christmas.  We will try there again our next trip in April.  We did make it to the Sandwich Antique Mall, Old Timers Antique Center, Prindis Antique Mall, The Red Geranium.  There were 3 more on our list but it was getting late and we were starving and wanted to get back to St. Charles to have a late lunch at the Filling Station.
I'd never even heard of a Firkin Bucket until last year.  Since then, I've been searching for one and never saw one, and we hit A LOT of antique places over a years time.  This trip I found over 20 of them!!!!  But not one was within my price range.  So I'll keep searching.
We stopped in at Hobby Lobby last night (we don't have one in Pittsburgh) and I bought a new Christmas tree skirt, some pine branches and berries and a wreath.  Normally I will pick up some fabric but nothing caught my eye that I HAD to have.
Today we will be moving over to the Pheasant Run Resort and doing some shopping for the grand kids. 
Tomorrow morning starts the reason why we are in St. Charles...the Chicagoland Antique Advertising, Slot-Machine and Jukebox Show.  It runs for 3 days. 

Thank you to the ladies who offered some paint suggestions to go with my new carpeting!  I picked up several paint samples to take home with me to see what we like best.  :)

★Denise★

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise, sounds like you are having a grand time!! I am with you on the firkins, never knew what they were and now that I am on a search have not seen one in any store. Maybe one of these days we will find ours.8-)
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my birthday post.8-)
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete