Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hannah & Her Tree

I was going to give Hannah a flowery dress but at the last minute chose a brown homespun fabric.
I decided to make her bonnet from the same fabric.  Her apron is homespun with a pocket that matches her dress.  The pocket is filled with Sweet Annie.
Hannah measures 24 inches long.  Her tree is made from a tree branch and has greenery wrapped around it for the branches.  At the top of the tree I glued a rusty star.
The tree measures 20 inches.
I also added a loop of floss to her back so she can hang.
I will be adding Hannah to my Selling Blog and may list her on eBay too, maybe someone will give her a home.

Hannah & Her Tree is a pattern by You Are Special Patterns

I feel like I really accomplished something having finished Hannah today.  It's been really hard to get any crafting done during the day with my watching my 4 year old and 13 mo. old grand daughters.  Today however, I only had the baby and she took a nice long nap, enabling me to get Hannah finished!  Yay!  Hubby is out for a few hours at a meeting/Christmas party so I plan to get started on another project.  I just don't have a clue what it will be yet.  I have a ton of patterns to go through.

★Denise★

11 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    Hannah is very sweet looking. I probably have 1000 plus patterns I've collected through the years and some I've never made! If only we had more time in a day. Thank you for sharing.
    Merry Christmas,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love how she turned out. I may have to put her on my Christmas list. :)

    ~*Merry Christmas*~
    Gen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job ..she is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that is! Good for you with accomplishing that nap! My grandkids don't seem to nap well when I have them. Can't wait to see your next project.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got this doll in the mail from Sandy,
    I bought her and a Santa, plus a lot of
    other things...She is adorable, you did a
    great job on her, I am sure you will sell
    her right away. Merry Christmas to you
    and your family.

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Hannah.I think you should make her a sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just adorable. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how perfectly prim Hannah is. You did great gal:) Stay warm.
    Merry Christmas!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Denise, love the doll!! You did an awesome job. No surprise there.8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hannah is adorable - you did a great job. I understand the limited crafting time - I babysit my 2 year old grandson and I accomplish very little when he is here.

    Christmas Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Denise!

    Your Hannah looks great! I love the You Are Special Patterns!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering in the giveaway! Good Luck
    Thanks for posting to your sidebar! Merry Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete