Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hubby Had An Accident

 My hubby called me from work around 9:30 this morning.  He was still at work, loading his truck with mail when he slipped on ice and hit his head on the truck's manifold.  He then slid under the truck slicing up both legs.  His wrist was also injured.  He was taken to the ER where they did an MRI on his head, and X rayed his back, legs and wrist.  I'm still waiting to hear on the results.  I wanted to come out to the hospital but Tom insisted I stay home, that the roads were too icy and he didn't want to have to worry about me.
Today is his very last day of work.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday is his long weekend and Monday he will be officially retired.  Last night as we were watching TV  I told him he should call off today.  He has a lot of sick leave accumulated, and he won't lose any of it.  He refused, saying that the PO was short of help and blah, blah, blah.
This morning I was thinking of how lucky he's been all these years, no serious dog bites, no injuries that required going to the ER.  Then on his very last day BAM!!  :(

★Denise★

18 comments:

  1. OH No Denise so sorry to hear this. Please keep us posted. Hope he is ok. Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness sweetie!!! What a way to go out to retirement. Praying for him and for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Denise - Sure hope your hubby is doing better now and has no serious problems after his slipping and sliding. What a shame he had to get hurt on his last day. I'll pray he makes a full and quick recovery.
    Have a wonderful New Year dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise I am so sorry to hear about your Hubby's Accident, My thoughts are with you and your hubby hope it is nothing serious,and he is on the mend soon. Take care.
    Blessings & Hugs.
    Bev... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your hubby. Will be praying for good news soon. Take Care and God Bless!
    Donna, countercrafts, gmills4@suddenlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Denise, I hope he is OK, what a rotten, rotten thing to happen on his last day! Sending lots of good thoughts your way and wishing you and yours GOOD HEALTH, peace and much joy in the New Year, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your hubby and for you. Hope the New Year brings blessings of good health and happiness your way.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Denise, what a terrible thing to happen on his last day. I hope he is not seriously hurt. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew Denise, my heart was pounding reading this. I hope by now you have a good report on him like no major injuries with lasting effects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to here NeNe...hop all turned out ok. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's hoping those injuries are minor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness, Denise, I am so sorry this had to happen - and on his last day of work. Sure hope nothing serious is wrong and that he heals quickly.

    Have a Blessed New Year,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeez on the last day! I hope he's doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, he's going out with a bang. He'll be sore all weekend, maybe he'll change his mind and use that sick leave he has coming.
    Ya'll have a SAFE and happy new year!
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Denise

    I hope your hubby is not seriously injured and that he will soon be enjoying his much deserved retirement what a terrible thing to happen on his last day. Sending healing thoughts and hugs to you both.

    Raewyn (Ladylovesprim CGPG)

    ReplyDelete
  16. His LAST.......day.........hope he will be OK
    Hugs,
    LYNN

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Denise how terrible!! I do hope he is not hurt too badly. My prayers are with you both.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you've had a restful night and all is well with your husband. The last day of work?! What a way to finish out! I hope today is the start of a great retirement. :)

    ReplyDelete