Friday, December 31, 2010

Hubby Update

 Tom did have a concussion.  Poor guy was so confused when he had called me yesterday morning.  He kept telling me he cut his ankles, but it was both shins.  One shin could have used a few stitches, but he refused to have any.  So the cuts where cleaned and bandaged.  He also told me that his head hit the manifold.  I have no idea what a manifold is so I didn't question it until he got home.  He doesn't remember telling me that and his head hit the metal steps of his postal truck.
He also had a huge welt on his back right beneath the shoulder blades where his back struck the bar that closes the truck door.  His left arm is pretty swollen, as are his fingers.  He has a splint and ace bandage on that and has to go back to the hospital on Monday morning for an Xray.  Sounds to me like he fractured something.
He took a pain pill before going to bed so had a pretty restful night.  He's sore this morning, but doing much better than I had expected.
Thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes they are deeply appreciated.  Prim hugs to all my blogger friends.

★Denise★

4 comments:

  1. Denise I just emailed you, I am so glad to see this post. Hope all goes well on Monday for him. What a way to spend your last day at work before retiring. Just happy to hear he is ok
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy! Give him extra hugs and kisses, he will feel much better. I'm glad to hear he is going to be ok. He certainly deserves a retirement party after that.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise.
    So Glad to hear Tom is going on ok. Hope all goes well for him on Monday.
    Hugs
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your hubby is doing well. Will continue to hold him up for the checkup on Monday. Bless you both, and Happy New Year.
    Your blog is such an enjoyable read.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete