Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Greetings From Atlantic City

 Tom and I left for our mid-winter vacation to Atlantic City on Saturday.  We drove as far as King Of Prussia and spent the night.  Next morning we only had a one and a half hour drive to Atlantic City.
Our good friends John & Teddi flew in from Florida to join us.  This is the first year in 7 years that they have not driven with us since they are now 'Snow Birds'.
Sunday the weather here was awesome for February.  We sat on the boardwalk and talked for hours without a coat on.  The sun was warm, no wind blowing.  Yesterday we walked the boardwalk but did need jackets as the temp was starting to drop.  We saw Marc Antonelli sing at the Tropicana.   He is a 23 year old tenor with a beautiful voice.  Neither Tom or I are opera lovers but we did enjoy his singing of a song from the Phantom Of The Opera.

We had planned on walking down to the Hilton this afternoon but it is cold and very windy and a gust of wind almost blew Tom away, LOL so we decided to stay in at the Tropicana all day and after dinner we're all going to the IMAX to see 'Tron'.

We have 2 more full days.
★Denise★

11 comments:

  1. How lucky are you!!! I would kill to go home and be able to go to the shore. I am originally from Vineland. It is about 45 minutes from AC. And we always would head down to the shore. My parents still rent a house out in Brigatine. Have fun though!


    ~*Hugs*~
    Gen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your mid winter romp on the beach! I haven't been to AC for years! Win big!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hon:) Ahh, sounds like you and hubby are enjoying yourselves. That's wonderful:) I'm vacationing with you in my mind's eye.. lol. Have fun, but don't overdue it:)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a great time!
    Looking forward to pictures...

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, the warm sun sounds delightful!! Enjoy your vacation!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOunds like a great vacation get away! I do hope no one blows away though! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to walk on the boardwalk in Atlantic City. And the shows are nice too. Glad you and Tom are enjoying your vacation.
    Stay safe and warm, prim blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful vacation! Enjoy!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a fun trip in AC!

    I just wanted to let you know I added your wonderful blog to my blogroll, because I have really enjoyed reading since I found your blog a few weeks ago. Keep up the good work!

    ~Maggie at eyeballsbydaycraftsbynight.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now aren't you the lucky ones - Atlantic City...fantastic place.
    But I can't imagine for all the cold weather and snow going on in the east that it was that warm to go without coats...WONDERFUL!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun. I have always wanted to visit A.C. hopefully one day me and hubby dearest will make it there. I am sure you will like tron. I love it. Thanks for sharing, I love your blog.

    Thanks,
    Tiffany Layden-Ooley
    http://thewritewayz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete