Saturday, March 05, 2011

NASTY Virus

 Today is day #6 that I've been sick.  I am feeling somewhat 'better' but still coughing and have both head and chest congestion. I thought I had the flu, but there is a virus going around and I'm told it has to just take it's course. My symptoms started off with a runny nose and sneezing and then developed into an irritating tickle in my throat that I just assumed was from post nasal drip ( nasty stuff).  It was also scratchy but that tickle was getting the best of me, would bring tears to my eyes.
I was very tired and just wanted to lie down and rest.  The cold went into my chest and my upper body began to ache all over.  I may have had a low grade fever, I never did check my temp, but I did also get chills and bouts of sweating one night.  I was so exhausted I could barely get off the couch.  That's where I'd been sleeping, hoping to spare Tom, but we live in the same house, so his chances of 'getting it' are good whether I sleep on the couch or sleep in our bed.  The germs are everywhere.  Whether I have the flu or a virus, it's nasty stuff and I keep hearing that lots of people are getting sick and taking up to a week or two before they start feeling better.
 So I called my Dr.'s office on Monday to ask her if a medicine called Benzonatate was something I could take along with all my other meds.  I absolutely HATE when you can't talk to a PERSON and have to leave a voice message.  I explained that I was coughing so hard that I would have to run to the bathroom to throw up.  PLEASE get back to me to let me know if Benzonatate is something I can take and if it is to PLEASE call it it into my pharmacy.  Today is Saturday and I have not heard one stinkin' word.  I called the Pharmacy a couple times this week and nothing has been called in.  You can be sure the next time I go the Dr., she is going to hear about this face to face.  I am so angry. 


★Denise★

7 comments:

  1. Denise,
    Hope you get to feeling better real soon. I know how you feel about the doctor's office taking their time calling you back. I can be so irritating! Take care.
    PatC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Spring's just around the corner and you wouldn't want to be sick for those sunny warm days. Take care

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That virus sounds nasty! I hope you are feeling better soon NeeNee. I can't believe the Drs office hasn't called you back. How unprofessional is that? Take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise,

    Sorry you are feeling so crappy...that's no fun. Hope that things get better soon and that the doctor does call with something for some relief. Tom's best defense against getting sick is to wash his hands frequently and not to touch his face unless his hands have just been washed. Other than that, he's at the germs mercy.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart Denise!! I am so sorry you are sick. I hate trying to talk to a doctor's office, it is so frustrating. I hope you feel better real soon. Saying a prayer for you right now.
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Denise, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Does your doctor have an emergency number you can call? I know you'd probably hate to, but what about an emergency room visit?
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise...so sorry your aren't feeling well...it sounds like the same thing that I have been suffering with going into week #2 now. I am getting better, still have killer headaches though...

    I don't blame you for being angry, I'd probably make a special trip to the Dr., appt or not, LOL...

    Continue to get better....Traci

    ReplyDelete