Sunday, May 01, 2011

Had A Great Trip - A Chuckle & Sexy Chicken

After we left Atlantic City, we drove to Lancaster, PA for the day and spent the night.  I picked up several things for myself, like flickering candles, greenery to drape over shelves, some fabric.

 On Wednesday morning we drove to Carlise, PA where I made arrangements to meet Teresa from Teresa's Primitive Treasures.  She took me to Millersburg PA to meet Patti from Porch Sitting Time and to visit Patti's  shop called The Brickhouse Craft Shop.  Darn, I wish I had packed my camera, Patti's shop may be small in size, but it's huge in primitive coziness and she has lots of wonderful crafts made by herself and local artists.  Teresa is one of those local artists.  I fell in love with a mouse pin cushion and a sheep and it so happens they were created by Teresa. Teresa did have her camera with her and took this photo of Patti and me.
  Teresa and I know each other from Prim Mart and met for the first time a few years ago. We were also roomies at the Prim Mart Convention in Harrisburg PA 2 years ago.  I 'know' Patti from the Prim Mart forum and have been a follower of her blog for quite some time.  Was so excited to finally get to meet her.  Such sweet ladies!  Patti said she had some candle tarts she wanted us to smell in her house (sweet potato pie - they smelled awesome and she gifted us each with one).  As soon as I stepped inside her kitchen I had a sense of dejavu - I had seen this kitchen before!  Patti lives in an old 1800's farmhouse that she and her husband are renovating.  I fell in love with it!  Anyway, back to the kitchen.  I couldn't put my finger on why her kitchen was so familiar to me until Teresa pointed out that Patti had written about it on her blog almost 2 years ago.  Her kitchen is huge with the highest ceiling I'd ever seen and 8 doors!! 
You can see it here.  Isn't it GREAT?!
When we left Patti's Brickhouse, Teresa took me to a place called Hornings Store.  They sell Amish made furniture, bulk food, health food, kitchen gadgets and country/primitive style crafts.  Wish we had one of those in Pittsburgh!  Our next stop was the Meadowbrook Gourd Farm.  Gourd heaven!  I bought 3 pear/pumpkin shaped gourds.  Would have loved to buy more but moths were starting to fly out of my purse....getting low on spending money!  lol  Teresa and I had a late lunch at Panera Bread and then it was time to meet back up with Tom and Teresa had to get home too.  Such a lovely day!  Thank you again Teresa!!

Now for that 'chuckle'.  Tom and I were just finishing up breakfast at Dienners restaurant before heading to Carlisle.  I just took a drink of my coffee when all of a sudden I gasped and coffee shot out of my mouth AND MY NOSTRILS!!!  I don't know if Tom said something funny or if I just happened to need to cough with my mouth full..............but it FLEW!  Tom said I was like a fire breathing dragon, only instead of fire I was spewing coffee.  How embarrassing!  And there were no more napkins on our table, I was reaching for something white and he says 'NO NOT THE BILL!!'    I covered my nose with my hands which was still dripping coffee and made it to the ladies room without running into anyone. 


Sexy Chicken
The last 2 years I've been gradually getting my hair cut shorter and shorter.  See how short it is in the photo with Patti above?  Well as of Friday it's even shorter.  I wanted something more stylish yet easy peazy to take care of.  I moose it up a little blow dry it with my fingers and use a little manipulator cream, hair spray and I'm done.  Tom HATES it.  We went to a party at our daughter Carey's house last night and I got several compliments on it.  One of the women is herself a hairdresser, has seen me a number of times with my hair in different lengths and said she just loves this new cut/style, make me look chic and sexy.  I told her " will you please tell my husband that!!"  So now he calls me Sexy Chicken.  LOL

I'm working on a Mammy shelf sitter this morning and later this afternoon my daughter is driving me up to Meadville, PA.  My brother's wife's mother passed away on Friday and we are going to the viewing.


★Denise★

11 comments:

  1. I'm ready for that summer do myself.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself so much with friends.
    Have a super week!
    *Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how the words "sexy chicken" will draw you to a post! LOL!!! Your trip sounds wonderful. I have spewed beverage from my nostrils also...you do not walk alone. My hubby never likes my haircuts either, but if you are happy with it then he will be happy! Thanks for sharing! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip ! And there isn't a darn thing wrong with a sexy chicken lol You do however need to watch for objects spewing from nostrils especially in public ! lol Enjoy your week
    hugs
    lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise, sounds like a great time. Nothing like shopping with friends and making new ones is just icing on the cake.
    I about spewed my coke laughing at your coffee story.8-)
    My hair is really short and spikey too, I love the ease of fixing it. It can't get too short for me.8-)
    Thanks for sharing about your trip, I am going to check out that kitchen link.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why our men hate us to have short hair! Mercy, if they were the ones having to take the time to fix it every day they would probably understand why we wear it short. Love the coffee story ~ too funny!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...that's a cute story...you sexy chicken! LOL! Too funny on the spewing coffee...I've had similar situations before...it is funny afterwards, now isn't it? Glad you were able to met up with Teresa and have a good time shopping.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise - sounds like you had a wonderful time. How special to meet some of your blogger friends. When hubby and I retire I look forward to visiting places like you just described. I'd love to visit up in the Northeastern states. Loved your story, thanks for sharing.
    hugs,
    PatC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh leave it to a man to get sexy chicken outta sexy and chic... lol. Well, you certainly look like you had a great time with Teresa and Patti. I read about that at Teresa's blog. I know I've often thought about cutting my hair short and hubby says no, but I know it would be so much cooler and easier to wear:)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had had a great time. Isn't that gourd farm just the coolest place?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great time. I will cut my hair short every few years because it is easier to take care of and hubby does'nt like it either. I've never gotten to meet anyone from primmart or blog land and think it would be wonderful,hopefully some day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, It was SO NICE to finally meet you....I am looking forward to getting together again with you. It sounds like you and Teresa had a great day together. I am still laughing about the story you told about the coffee and now I am laughing about your hubby calling you a SEXY CHICKEN...too funny!
    ~~Patti~~

    ReplyDelete