Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finally Got Results

 Tom and I took a trip to Lancaster, PA and Atlantic City for 5 days, just returned home last night.  When I got home, checked my voice mails and there was one from the Dr. yesterday regarding my test results.  They were both normal.  So I have no clue what was causing my pain/distress but it's gone now and I am relieved that nothing serious was found.  My sugar glucose is up I'm told and next time I go in for blood  work, they may have me do a glucose tolerance test since Diabetes runs in my family.
We had a great time on our little trip.  I didn't buy anything 'big' in Lancaster, just a few items to decorate with.   The weather report was calling for rain the entire time we were away but the weather was great!  We walked the boardwalk every morning before brunch.  We saw the show Beatlemania Now, went to the Comedy Club and IMAX theater ( all at Tropicana) to see Contagion.  Good movie!  Our first night, we went out to sit on a bench on the boardwalk and it was very foggy & kind of spooky. Tom had me in hysterics.  We saw two walkers come out of the fog with only one arm swinging.  He leaned over and whispered to me that they were seaweed creatures.  You could tell because only one arm swung while the other stayed immobile.  You would not believe how many people we saw that did NOT swing BOTH arms as they walked.  Tom said they were either Seaweed Creatures or doing the Boardwalk Shuffle.
I guess you had to be there,LOL
No grand kids today, so I am sanding, priming and painting more cabinet doors and hopefully have them hung by tonight.  Then I only have 2 more cabinet faces to do, one door and 4 drawers.    I had Tom put some ivy decals on the front of the sink since he has more experience working with them than I do.  Took this pic with cell phone - cabinets look more white than sage green.
 While in Lancaster, we stopped at a wallpaper and paint store and I ordered new border for kitchen, it just arrived today.



★Denise★

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that your tests didn't show anything serious. It is such a pain to have weird symptoms and problems, but not know what caused them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your test results were good, and that you are better. Sounds like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your test results were negative, but drives ya crazy when you have pain and they don't know what causes it!!!!! LOVE that wallpaper border. Cute. Cute!!!! Wish I lived closer to the beach...Love it!!! Sounds like you had a good time.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Negative results are a good thing - except for the wondering of what caused the pain!! I'm glad you are feeling better - your trip sounds like tons of fun. :) You are doing great with the kitchen cupboards! The ivy decal looks lovely and I LOVE the border you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im glad to hear you test results were good. I love the new border.

    ReplyDelete