Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scarecrow Makedo

 I had a wonderful visit with my sister Diane.  Her visit went by so fast.  Five days seemed more like only two.  Trying to get her to come back for a week around Thanksgiving as she has 2 weeks vacation.  I was going to try to work on the remaining kitchen cabinets today, but I had the 3 oldest grand kids and thought better of it.  Instead I decided to work on a couple scarecrow makedos that will be traveling to Millersburg, PA for consignment.  One is finished:
I had planned to use some raffia for his hair but couldn't find the bag, I was so sure I had at least a half bag left.  I opted to try some yarn and while I prefer the raffia, I guess it doesn't look half bad.  He is attached to a base/spindle.  At the bottom of the base I attached some Autumn berries, Spanish moss and a fabric pumpkin.
If things go well tomorrow I do plan to do some work on the cabinets.  I'm afraid if I wait too long, I won't want to work on them, lol.  I LOVE them....but it's so much work.  Can't wait until they are finished.

I'm thinking it's been way too long since I had a giveaway.  I'm thinking a scarecrow makedo similar to the one above.  Keep tuned and have a great weekend!

★Denise★

6 comments:

  1. I think your scarecrow is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, your scarecrow has got it goin' on gal! I like his yarn hair. So glad you had a nice visit with your sis:-)
    xoxo~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, love the scarecrow!! Good luck on your cabinets, I have done that before and it is hard work!! Glad you had a good week with your sister.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarecrow is adorable. Love all the little touches that finish him off - the autumn berries and the little pumpkin. I feel like I always fall short when it comes to making something looked all put together like that. Thanks for sharing!
    I'll keep sending "You can do it!" thoughts your way for finishing the cupboards. What an undertaking! But it's going to be so worth it when it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your scarecrow, NeeNee! I am working my fanny off on my kitchen 5 days in a row!!! It is turning out to be a lot of work, I am only about 1/3 of the way done on the doors! What did I talk myself into???

    Bear Hugs & Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love him. His face expression is to cute.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete