Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Couple Projects Finished & WIP Chenille Snowman

 Just finished up this 8x10 snowman stitchery this morning and this Homespun fabric Christmas Tree this evening.
It's made from a tree shaped styrofoam form.  I took strips of homespun and twisted and hot glued them all around the tree.  It took HOURS because I was trying to be very careful not to let the glue leak out ( very unsightly) and I have burnt fingers to prove it!  lol
I then glued the tree to an old vintage wooden spool.  I love how it turned out.  This one is for sale on my selling blog.  I'm going to make a larger one for myself.

I worked on my chenille snowman yesterday too.  Got her eyes and mouth glued on and made her bonnet.  I have some Christmas greenery and picks to add to her bonnet but need to pick up some Christmas wired ribbon first to wrap around the hat.  The pattern is by Heidi Markish Designs.  She needs one more rusty bell added to her body and a scarf with more greenery/decoration.  Can't wait til she's finished.  This baby is for 'me'!! 

★Denise★

4 comments:

  1. Oh my i just love the tree it's perfect. The stitchery also looks great. Your snowman is looking good and i can't wait to see her all finished up and ready for winter.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, Love everything!!!! Never saw a tree done that way. Too Cute. Can't wait to see the finished snowman!!!
    Did your Hobby Lobby open yet???
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to see your snowman finished! Love it already! Lovin your snowman stitchery & tree too! You do such amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all very nice looking! I've been seeing the cone trees everywhere, but not with the twisted fabrics. Good idea:o)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete