Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Rag Tree - & Kids Say The Darnedest Things!

 This one I made for myself.  It stands 23" high.
I also add the fabric to the underside.
The tree trunk is an old wooden candlestick.

Want to share with you something my 4 year old gd and I talked about a few days ago.  She makes me laugh.  :) 
While bending over tying Ayden's shoes, my pacemaker happens to 'bulge'. She says " Gramma, is that a muscle?" I laugh & say "no". She replies " Is that your brain?" I laugh harder and say " no, sweetie, that's Gramma's pacemaker". "What does that mean?" "It's a little box that the Dr. put inside Gramma that helps with my heart beat. It has batteries in it...." " YOU RUN BY BATTERIES GRAMMA????!!!" LOL Makes me feel like the Energizer Bunny.
★Denise★

7 comments:

  1. They are funny aren't they. You need to write that down so you don't forget and you can reminder her when she's older. In our Christmas letter I put a top ten quotes of the year list (from my kids) and people watch for it every year!
    Just became a follower. Love your craft ideas.
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise~
    Aren't grandkids the best? So cute she think's you run on batteries! Sometimes I wish I did so I could get re-charged and get more done! (smile)
    Your tree turned out darling. I made some a few years ago in a set of three and used old spools for the bases. Cute idea.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Sheila
    http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rag tree is adorable! And I love the run on batteries story! Thanks for the smile today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that!! I can't wait for my grandson to start talking. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    ~Rene~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree. That made me giggle, they do say the funniest things. Have a great thanksgiving.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a lil sweetheart. She's learning the most interesting stuff from her neenee.
    I hope you make more of those awesome trees:-)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great site, Love the Christmas trees, have bookmarked this site , so will be back

    ReplyDelete