Saturday, February 04, 2012

Baking Cinnamon Buns Today

 These cinnamon buns smell heavenly yet are non-fattening.  That's because you can't eat them!!  Not unless you crave coffee & cinnamon flavored fabric and polyfill.  :P  Hubby came in from his walk and thought I'd really been baking.  He won't take me out to dinner, so he's not getting any REAL baking out of me today!  What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Ha Ha!
 Mmmmm can't you just smell that cinnamon?!

The larger buns are really BIG, about 4 inches high.
The small ones are just under 2 inches high.

I used white fabric glue sticks for the icing.  They are getting harder to find since Joanne's stopped carrying them.
I thought I'd try making one with Elmers glue and white Acrylic paint.  You can see the results of that one in the first small bun in the back on the left.  Probably looks the most 'real', but takes so long to dry. Even so, was having a difficult time with the glue gun. 
If you've made these buns, what's your experience been?

★Denise★

9 comments:

  1. Denise they look yummy even thought they are faux. Perfect
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cinnamon rolls look yummy! I can't believe how real they look!
    Enjoy your day,
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look way too yummy, love that smell.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good enough to eat!
    I make real ones whenever it snows. It's one of my crazy traditions.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, those look real and make me want some real ones! Nicely done Denise :o)
    xoxo~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before you stained them, I thought you were making roses!!! Yep, they look good enough to eat...no calories!!!!
    We got that snow all afternoon!!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Goodness! How yummy those look.
    They turned out fabulous. They look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so real and so yummy.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete