Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Sharing My 'Pat On The Back'

 Six years ago when I was in the deepest throes of menopause, I decided to create a blog titled The Menopausal Monster.  It started out originally to be stories about my personal experiences with heat flashes and mood swings.  I had hoped I was tossing in some humor along with my stories by including my alter ego Mrs. Hyde ( as in Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde)   and I guess I succeeded in doing that as this is 2nd time in as many years that I received an email stating
that :
Healthline editors recently published their final list of the top 11 menopause blogs on the web and http://menopausalmonster.blogspot.com/ made the list. You can find the complete list at http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/best-menopause-blogs#1 (in no particular order). We encourage you to share your new found status as one of the best blogs on the web with your friends, family, & followers.

You can find the write up HERE.


I was telling my husband this morning about this and he being cynical ( and the butt of my humor in my stories) says "All well and good, but where's the money?  You can't spend a "pat on the back".  No, but I can share it!  :D  Which is what I'm doing.  Besides sharing my menopausal experience I also shared my 'adventure' with my inherited heart  muscle disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and the surgery I endured.  While it's a very serious surgical procedure, I also tried to insert some humor in a few of the things that happened while I was hospitalized in 2007.
I really haven't posted anything more on menopause relating to myself since 2010 since I don't have the hot flashes any longer ( although I continue to be just HOT most of the time ) and I believe the Effexor XR I take for the mood swings have been helping since my family no longer refers to me as 'bitchy'.  I am approached periodically by people in the medical field to share links related to menopause and you will find some of those on my blog as well.

I'm still working on wholesale orders.  Right now it's two Annies and a set of 4 Crow Seasons, a pattern by Palette Primitives.  Then I have 12 more prim pears and 20 snowman icicle ornies to make ASAP..............I've never been so busy, which is a good thing, but also a bad thing as my house is a disaster!

 Tom and I had a wonderful trip last week.  I bought some fabric and supplies and we went to the Kane County Antique & Flea Market in St. Charles, IL last Saturday.  I picked up these 5 wood pieces to use as bases for some ravens & Eagles I plan on making when I find the time.



★Denise★

4 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    Congratulations on the honor.
    Yep, your hubby sounds like mine.
    They don't understand that simply being acknowledge for all your hard work, is sometimes better than cash.
    Even though I'm sure my hubs would argue against that comment.
    Heehee!
    Congrats again.
    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 'pat on the back' Denise! I know from personal experience that ANY info you can find out about menopause when you are suffering through it is very welcome and also knowing you aren't the only one who is going insane is a comfort so good on you for writing your blog! I'm done with the hot flashes too, thank goodness! Congrats on all of your wholesale orders, that is fantastic! I hear you about the house, I took the time yesterday to try and get mine in some semblance of order, amazing how the crafts just spread out like an octopus and take over the house!! Fabulous wood finials that you found, can't wait to see what you perch on top of them! Wishing you and yours a Happy Easter, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a well deserved Pat on the Back congrats Denise WOW

    You should feel honored.

    I am staying behind on wholesale orders these days and have them up and through out the fall months, so I can so relate to you about the house.

    Love your bases

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, good for you. Congratulations! I'm gonna have to check that out. Men! That's all I have to say about that... lol. You're an important part of blog society and have helped a lot of gals. I'm glad I found you :o)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete