Monday, July 30, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore



 I fixed this for our dinner tonight and it turned out so YUMMY, I thought I'd share the recipe with you.  You can find it under ENTREES  here

I'm getting tired of hot dogs and burgers and chicken on the grill.  Tom mentioned last week that he was getting hungry for chicken cacciatore so I brought out the crock pot  this morning since it's still too hot to turn on the oven.  I had planned to cook on low for 6-8 hours and after an hour had passed I wasn't smelling anything.  While I turned the dial to LOW, I forgot to PLUG IT IN!!   LOL   so I switched to HIGH for 5 hours.  
My daughter Nicki and I were sunning on the deck this afternoon and the aroma was wafting out through the screened window.  It smelled wonderful and I'm relieved to say it tasted as good as it smelled.  It's been a few years since I last made it.

★Denise★

3 comments:

  1. Now, you made me hungry just looking at the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, that looks good!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, my son loves chicken cacciatore. I always love smelling the aroma from food cooking, unless it's that burnt aroma... LOL.
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete