Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fabric Wrapped Can

   Once again, it's been awhile since I last posted.  We went on our family vacation to Wildwood NJ the last two weeks in June.  Had a wonderful time the first week, but the second week I was sick with acute bronchitis.  I'm still having occasional coughing and right now cough drops are my best friend.
This has been the hottest summer that I can remember in a VERY long time.   I've been spending most of my time out in the pool trying to keep cool.  Today is so much cooler and I can even hear the cicadas, a sign that summer is coming to an end.  I usually don't hear them until mid August.
I recently finished an order for my fabric cinnamon buns, and started working on another Fall item - pumpkin with bats.  The pumpkin and one bat are sewed and stuffed, but while turning the second bat, my hemostats went through one of the wings.  Grrrrr, I hate when I do that.  I just didn't feel like tracing out another bat, so put that project on the shelf until tomorrow.
While I was dusting off my dresser today, I decided to 'do something' with the tin can that I was using to hold my hair brushes and mirror.  I had spray painted the can months ago but didn't know what I wanted to do with it.  I decided to wrap it in strips of twisted homespun.
Now I'm looking for a wood jewelry box that I can paint and distress black. 

Two of my sisters are coming for an 8 day visit in 2 more weeks.  Donna lives in Indiana and Diane in Michigan. Looking forward to some fun times with the family!
Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!



★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. Hi Denise, long time no speak...call me next time you are coming to Carlise okay? The wrapped can is very cute a great upcycle!
    Hugz, Ree

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat idea. It tunrned out great.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete