Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stitchery- Makeover

 Quite a while ago I made this ABC Pear Tree & Sheep stitchery and framed it.  I wasn't at all sure that I really liked it framed.  This afternoon I took another look at it and decided NOPE I am definitely NOT happy with it.  I tore it apart ( not literally) and decided to make a pillow out of it.  I like it so much better.

BEFORE

AFTER
 The ABC's are done in black and gold floss so I went with a black and cream checked homespun for the side borders and backing.
Measures 19 1/2" long by 13 1/2" wide.
★Denise★

3 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you - I like it much better as a pillow. Love the way it turned out. Besides it being pillow you can place it just about anywhere.

    Hugs

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new look, it shows off the stitchery, so much nicer.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it as a pillow instead of a frame! Great decision for that piece.

    Blessings, Jessica

    ReplyDelete